Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Was you trying to swim??

Cyril Neville and me (wet) backstage after his performance on the Acura stage, 1st week-end of JazzFest

Yeah it was a little wet that first week-end at JazzFest in New Orleans- I fell in the mud right as I was making my way to the front of the crowd when Al Green (above) finished up his set - a guy had just rinsed off my feet for me and I had a meat pie and a crawfish something in my hand....down I went. Everyone thinks it was funny except me. Venessa and I went out to eat directly afterwards and that's what the guard at the restaurant said to me: Was you trying to swim?? Undocumented - so you have to take my word for it - but some of the following photos show me and my best buddies having a LOT of fun.


Irma Thomas just before she went onstage - it was pouring and she was wearing the cutest gold flip-flops


Me and
Tab Benoit - he's so awesome and along with Cyril, totally committed to saving the coastal wetlands of Louisiana.

Raw oysters, jambalaya and Abita at the French Market cafe

Kala on our lovely bed at the mansion

Fots Domino's piano - destoyed in the floodwaters and now on display at the Louisiana state museum
House of Blues garden stage at Ponderosa Stomp

Venessa Joseph singing with Backyard Groove at Chicky Wah Wah - Kirk behind her on sousaphone - NOT tuba

Me and Lazy Lester - author of the song Ponderosa Stomp and blues harp player extraordinaire

Aaron Neville and Ivan Neville at Tipitina's Instruments a'Comin' benefit for Johnny Vidacovich and Ivan's induction into the Hall of Fame.



More to come - including playlists of the music I'll be featuring this week on air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, Pics are great!!! Was so much fun! Cant wait to hear playlists...maybe some Funky kidz? peace!