Sunday, January 18, 2009

Playing with my friends

















So what is it like to be waved up to the front of the stage by Michael Franti - on the last day of the Jam Cruise, on the pool deck, in front of hundreds of fans, playing tambourine to the song "Say Hey (I love You)" that I air on the radio all the time?

Take a look at my face. Pretty darn thrilled. Thanks Britt for taking the pix!

The cruise was all about the music - a combination of Mardi Gras and JazzFes on a boat -where I sat in the hot tub and listened to Les Claypool, had a hot stone massage, danced til 6am and then woke up at 8am to go snorkeling in Belize, saw friends whom I had no idea were going to be there, ate breakfast with some of the best musicians on the planet.


Mark of Bonerama said it was even better than JazzFest and he should know.


Disco balls decorated the hallways, blenders for margaritas went "Free to a good home" and I was pretty much the only one not in costume every day. The jamming and drinking started every day at noon on 3 stages - so how are you gonna pace yourself? Til the wee hours...and if you stopped - you missed Karl Denson playing with Lettuce and Ivan Neville and Robert Walter. Or the guys from New Mastersounds with Grace Potter. And Charles Walker and the Dynamites with George Porter Jr.












No comments: