Monday, March 24, 2008

The desert









We went to Palm Springs and Joshua Tree park for "Spring Break - the Adult Version".



How beautiful the high desert is! How come no one ever told me? Met a guy in the hot tub who trains Marines - tried to talk him out of that career choice. Nancy and I hiked til we saw a coyote about 20 feet away - then one in the parking lot - that was scary. If you look really really hard you can see him - her? in the first picture, faintly, to the left of the rock right at the edge of the asphalt.
Nancy tore up the Village Pub Bar in downtown by singing What's Up by 4 Non-Blondes.

I got asked by a hot guy if I wanted to do a 5.10 climb up a wall called Nobody Walks in LA.

Nearly missed our return flight because I was lying out by the pool for one last 1/2 hour. Very stressful way to end a vacay.

No comments: